The Client was a steel mill from Macedonia specialised on recycling of ferrous and non ferrous scrap. The company has its own scrap supply network in Macedonia, a few suppliers in Serbia and Kosovo and was planning development of a network of suppliers in Albania in the near future.
The Client has recognised the potentials of the fast growing environmental industry and would like to expand its activities to new markets of the SEEC. The company expressed a strong interest in assessing EU and both national and international funds for financing environmental projects and business.
For optimal deployment of existing funding sources, the Client needed a profound analysis of the funding institutions and the possibilities for acquiring financial support for future development of its activities in the SEEC.
The overall objective of this project was to identify available EU and international funds that would provide financial support to the projects with environmental focus within the SEEC and the accession countries. The service also included describing the procedures of applying for the funds and providing recommendations on how to access the sources by a private industrial company.
BLUESAVE prepared the report with the following contents:
- List of all related potential EU, international, bilateral and national financial funds that the Client from the SEE region can apply for, independent from the nature of defined projects as well as the list of institutions managing these fund with contacts info;
- Description of the funding programmes and application criteria;
- Description of the applying procedures for the funds and recommendations on how to access the sources by the Client;
- Recommendations for decision paths;
- Suggestions of alternative financial solutions and possibilities that might be of interest for the Client and the addressed industry.
Beside providing a written report with the findings of the research on the available sources of financing BLUESAVE delivered a workshop for the personnel who are in charge of fund acquisition for environmental measures within the company, to help to structure the envisaged projects in a way that will ensure funding from the financing institutions to be approached.
After the completion of the project BLUESAVE organised and prepared meetings with responsible persons in the financing institutions for actual acquisition of funds for defined projects.
The EU contributes many grants to regions outside the European Union and plays an incredible role as investor since it gives funds that are not loans but non-refundable grants. There are currently over 340 funds disposable for financing of the projects in the private sector.